State of the art equipment and facilities enable stellar research.
The Zandstra lab has two facilities. The primary facility is located in the state-of-the-art School of Biomedical Engineering at the University of British Columbia. Our partner facility is located in the Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research at the University of Toronto (St George campus). Our facilities focus on stem cell biology and bioengineering. Each lab is run as an open concept, interdisciplinary, and shared resource facility.
The Zandstra lab houses many state-of-the-art equipment that enable top-class research
- Zeiss LSM 800 confocal laser scanning microscope
- Dasgip stirred tank bioreactor system
- Luminex 200 plate analyzer
- Beckman Coulter CytoFLEX LX flow cytometer
- ThermoFisher Scientific EVOS FL cell imaging system
- Pall MRT-24 microreactor system
The Zandstra lab employs many research techniques to generate leading research.
- Synthetic biology
- Flow cytometry
- Stem cell culture
- Bioreactor Processes